The ARS insert is a large flange, split style, prebulbed insert of steel construction offered in standard thread sizes of 1/4-20, 5/16-18, and 3/8-16. Prebulbing means that during the installation process, the insert collapses into wings on the backside of the application material. The application material is clamped between the flange of the insert and the wings resulting in high resistance to pull-out loads.
The wing design serves as a load bearing surface, which absorbs the force of setting the insert. Otherwise the setting force, or clamp load, could spread into the application material and might damage the material. This makes the ARS insert ideal for use in soft, brittle and low strength materials.
- Prebulbed Body improves pullout resistance
- Large Flange provides large load bearing surface, reinforces hole and prevents push through
- Potential to use as a spacer
- Reduced Tail End Diameter for ease of hole entry
- Particularly suited for automation
- Metal to metal